Friday, October 9, 2009

Heard of Deepak Chopra?


I know it sounds like I'm on a 'Drum Roll' lately!

I AM! :)

The universal energy rose to meet me as I explored this new land of drumming. So far, it has been quite an experience.

I must tell you about last night!!!!!!

My husband, Frank, never heard of Deepak Chopra -- so, he wasn't at all impressed by my inclusion in the event last night. I was, however.

And, I'm sure you are too, right? :)

Yes, Deepak Chopra's Annual Event held at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club is taking place right now here in our little community, and I was there!!!!!

They have entertainment hour each night for the participants of the seminar. Last night it was a Drum Circle.

Lucky me had been in contact with Jana of Drum Magic out of Tampa.

Wouldn't you know, DrumMagic was the chosen entertainment for last night. Jana uses local 'talent/drummers' for her travel events and asked me if I would help her out. That answer required no thought at all......................'YES!'

Jana was accompanied by Christian, a wonderful drummer and performer locally; Amber, who assisted her in the center circle. Jim, another local drummer, was the photographer for the evening, and I was the Greeter/Drummer/Participant in the most fantastic drum circle ever.

Held in the Ballroom at PVIC -- over 100 people experienced a DrumMagic drum circle.

Before the 1 hour event was complete -- they were all drumming and dancing. Jana's ability to teach quickly and get everyone involved immediately worked fabulously. We all sang, danced, and enjoyed sharing the rhythm of the drum.

'A uniting experience,' as one of the participants shared.

I can't wait to be a 'helper' again. Thanks Jana.

www.drummagic.com - Jana Broder at Drum Magic

janabroder@drummagic.net

Christian Sun's email: cacodd@hotmail.com

Amber Hall's email: pamelahall21@gmail.com

Jim's email: boris601203@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment