Sunday, April 7, 2013

Days 4-7..... Break Time, Real Time

I'm still here at the 100-Day Reality Challenge and had no idea my body was not that interested in going along with me on this one.  At day 7, I feel I definitely made the effort and also honored my growing pains....there is still much to do.

Day 4 I decided to take off and just do down-time stuff because my back was sore and my energy low.

Day 5 I spent at a Women's Conference in Jacksonville and used the 3-landing stairs instead of the elevator to get in at least a little exercise.  Plus, I walked a mile from the parking garage and felt I was at least moving and uploading into my brain too.



Day 6 I went to the Blues Festival. Walked from the parking lot again....danced a little ... walked around the venue grounds ... and prepared for Day 7.

Day 7 I was back on the road.  I want to see how far I'm actually going, but think it is around 1/2 mile.  I am very winded at the end of it, but I know it takes a while to get the groove back. I am actually looking forward to watching how I build strength and endurance.

At 65 years old and down for over a year with severe chronic back issues, surgery, recovery, and then the worst case of bronchitis....I feel I need to take it easy going back into it all.

As a drummer and musician, I've not stopped in most aspects of life, but movement is just slower.  So feel that when I get built up again, I'll be a force to be reckoned with!

Stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment